02 April, 2009

Paddy Maguire's, Subiaco

Paddy Maguire's is actually something of a chain, with restaurants in Perth, Sydney and Adelaide. It hasn't a decent website too. Bonus!

It's got a good Irish pub vibe, the soccer was on when we were there and everyone was in a good mood. It's definitely a Subiaco venue (read: not a Northbridge venue), so the place wasn't full of bogans and their half dressed tarts.

The tables weren't cleared too quickly, so it was a little bit of a trek to find one that was clean.

The menu was pretty decent. I was in need of a hamburger, so it was Paddy's Burger ($18) for me. It was pretty decent, though the beef was a bit on the dry side. But the onion chutney was delicious and the side salad wasn't packed with red onion.

My mum ordered Maguire's Steak Sandwich ($18.50) which was huge! And also a bit excessive maybe, what with the bacon, egg AND beef. But if you can handle your food falling apart before it between the plate and your mouth, the steak sandwich is a goer.

The drinks cost a fortune; we paid well over $20 for two Southern Comforts and a Diet Coke!

But overall I was impressed by Paddy Maguire's. It's nice to find a venue where I don't feel like I don't belong there just because I know all the letters of the alphabet. And the food was pretty damn good as well. Would definitely go back.

Recommended.

No comments: