21 July, 2008

Kulcha, Joondalup

I went to Kulcha for dinner a week or so back with my family. It was quite a spontaneous decision, which is rare for us, so good to try somewhere new.

Although it was a Friday night, being in Joondalup I didn't expect the restaurant to be busy, but on the contrary it was packed and we were lucky to get a table.

It's a casual place, not big and not particularly posh, but other than the constant drone of noise the ambience was more akin to a huge and cosy family gathering than a free-for-all in a barn (unless your hold your family gatherings in a barn, and if you do, good for you).

In fact, the noise was only downside. The food arrived quickly and there was mountains of it, enough for a weekend of leftovers (yay a restaurant that still lets you do this!). The best thing is, of course, that it was really tasty, even though we ordered fairly standard dishes, they were not neglected in terms of their flavour.

The staff were very friendly, accommodating and efficient, which was a wonder considering how busy the restaurant was the night we were there.

Including drinks, four adults ate for around $60 - a rare thing in Perth these days.

Kulcha also have some great lunch specials. Recommended.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to go to Joondalup on business in about a month. I want to get myself set up with places to eat, so that I don't go hungry the week I am there. What are the different cuisines that Joondalup is known for?

bryanflake1984| http://www.currambinebb.com.au